£TBC pa/Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN/Permanent
Company Brief –
CST Global is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
CST Global also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
CST Global are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 65 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
- Position reports to CEO, whose other direct reports include VP, Sales and Marketing, Finance Director and Chief Technical Officer.
- Reporting to VP / Director of Operations are the Operations Manager, Production Manager and Product Manager
- Responsible for delivering the operations needs of the business
- Responsible for developing and implementing manufacturing ramp and supply chain strategy
- Coordinate long term capacity planning – headcount and equipment
- Ensure factory output targets are met on weekly / monthly basis
- Set and achieve operations budget
- Drive cost reduction initiatives
- Strategic project planning and prioritisation; detailed leadership of projects as required
- Manage supply chain – select and coordinate outsource partners, build strong relationships, develop supply agreements, contracts, commercial terms; lead resolution of crises
- Liaise with customers on delivery commitments and issue resolution.
- Plan and deliver organisation and personnel development to create world class team
- Set and review annual and quarterly performance targets for teams and individuals
- Yield enhancement – drive programme to achieve continuous improvement on yield
- Drive and improve critical business processes to grow the operation
- Champion continuous process improvement and cost efficiencies
- Take active role in new product / process development especially in bringing these up to volume production
- 10+ years’ experience in senior Supply Chain / Operations / Leadership / General Manager roles in growth semiconductor environments with significant people leadership and management experience
- Demonstrated the ability to lead in several different Operational environments within a company, such as: Production, Quality and Supply Chain
- Demonstrated business execution skills; track record of converting and executing strategic plans
- Knowledge and understanding of the outsourced manufacturing environments within the semiconductor industry
- Demonstrated team contributions and leadership
- It would be advantageous if candidate has lived and worked internationally
Personal Fit –
- Undergraduate degree in an Electronic Engineering discipline is preferred
- MBA and/or Post-graduate degree in a business or engineering discipline is desirable.
- · Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- · Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.
Reporting to –