£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
CST Global is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
CST Global also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month to ITU GR468 standard or as required by customer.
CST Global are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 70 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
- Plan and execute reliability studies, qualification plans and ongoing reliability tests for standard and custom products. Establish predominant failure mechanisms, activation energy, MTTF and other data as required.
- Lead failure analysis activities for yield improvement, customer satisfaction and design for reliability / manufacture / test. Liaise with Process, Test and Device Engineering to drive device reliability improvements.
- Champion and drive DfR throughout the business and ongoing development of reliability engineering capability both internally and externally to the business. Develop external relationships with leading academic and industry groups in advancing the industry standards for compound semi reliability in photonic devices.
- Development of existing reliability test and failure analysis capability to meet needs of tier 1 product customers using internal and external resources.
- Establishing and managing relationship with test & assembly houses / partners for prototyping and reliability studies.
- Establishing baseline reliability and qualification plans for new product development from alpha prototype to full Telcordia qualified product in volume production and associated validation / monitoring / ongoing reliability test.
- Analysis of reliability test and field data, carry out failure analysis, collate and write reports including customer qualification reports.
- Analysis of field returns, publish results, write customer reports and feedback to design and manufacturing and drive continuous improvement where appropriate.
- Planning and scheduling reliability test capacity in support of development projects, customer requirements and manufacturing.
- Qualified to at least degree level with at least 10 years’ experience in semiconductor reliability engineering and failure analysis.
- Experience of developing qualification plans to international standards, preferably Telcordia GR-468-CORE.
- Experience in III-V compound semiconductors and optoelectronics would be a distinct advantage.
Open, pragmatic, team player. Willing to support and challenge (and to be supported and challenged). Not constrained by perceived barriers.
To apply for this role, please send your current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, making clear the role of interest.