£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Company Brief –
CST Global is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
CST Global also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
CST Global are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 70 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
- Develop, enhance and certify production processes to allow CST global to deliver fit for manufacture process capability across full fab production process.
- Optimise current process and identify future process improvements to enhance this capability.
- Own and deliver improvements in assigned and qualified process and equipment.
- Develop new processes in conjunction with Development Engineering and/or Manufacturing Process Integration and existing Process Engineers.
- Ensure engineering documentation and procedures conform to ISO 9001 and most demanding customer requirements.
- Work as part of Operations function to ensure on-time and on-cost delivery of high-quality products.
- Mentor Junior engineers and technicians.
- Manage process to suitable production release for inclusion into the company library.
- Work within Process Engineering team to help drive process improvement.
- Work as part of Process Engineering team to develop strong collaboration with Development Engineering and Manufacturing Process Integration teams.
- Establish continuous improvement of product and mechanical yields by process characterisation, standardisation on best practices and application of effective SPC.
- Take ownership for process equipment and report KPI’s.
- Manage and execute assigned projects.
- Draft process documentation to allow transfer of machinery and processes to a production environment.
- Train operations staff in process and equipment use.
- Champion process engineering best practice and lead by example.
- Become technical expert across all assigned BEOL process’.
- Qualified to at least degree level with at least 10 years’ experience in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Experience of developing processes/modules in one or more of the above activities.
- Experience in III-V compound semiconductors and optoelectronics would be an advantage.
- Proven track record of delivering new high-quality process capability to manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in the following BEOL process’; wafer thinning and polishing, automatic pick and place, automatic optical/visual inspection systems, wafer dicing/breaking, die bond and wire bond.
Personal Fit –
Open, pragmatic, team player. Willing to support and challenge (and to be supported and challenged). Not constrained by perceived barriers.
Reporting to –
Head of Engineering
Apply via website www.cstglobal.uk/careers