£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
CST Global is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
CST Global also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
CST Global are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 70 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
- Dayshift point of contact for machine maintenance and repair in fab and facility.
- Organise day to day activities of on-shift maintenance and dayshift facilities technicians
- Organise equipment spares and track usage to ensure no line down situations.
- Maintain and provide support for all equipment used in wafer fabrication and backend. Maintain and provide backup support for all facility and plant equipment.
- Both preventative and reactive maintenance and repair as necessary.
- Reporting, recording and training as necessary.
- Flexible working is required, shift working may be required from time to time.
- Own equipment OEE including driving continuous improvement.
- Produce and maintain PM schedule.
- Order, control and maintain spares.
- Control and schedule facilities/ equipment subcontractor work, including permit to work.
- Own equipment calibration database.
- Writing relevant documentation such as maintenance and recovery procedures.
- Regular communication and feedback, interface with production manager and operations manager.
- Provide feedback to operations team on equipment performance and any foreseen problems. Report on recovery, corrective and preventative action for equipment failures.
- Comply with relevant HS&E regulations.
- Comply with all necessary equipment PM scheduling/inspection to ensure HSE and SEPA compliance including IPPC submissions.
- Deliver and promote best practice and quality of workmanship.
Qualified to at least HND level with at least 3 years’ experience industry in a similar role.
Cleanroom experienced in a similar role essential.
Must be eligible to work in the UK.
Open, pragmatic, team player. Willing to support and challenge (and to be supported and challenged). Not constrained by perceived barriers.
Head of Engineering