£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
CST Global is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
CST Global also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
CST Global are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 70 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
Process Engineering holds a key role within CST Global’s business, being owners of both processes and associated equipment with a wafer fabrication cell; photolith, etch, thin films and wet processing.
The Principal Process Engineer will own one cell and support the Head of Engineering to supervise and coach engineers in other cells, work with Process Integration and R&D to develop and improve processes for new products and platforms. Fundamental to this role is solid industrial engineering methodology such as DFSS, DMAIC, SPC, GR&R, DOE and FMEA. Demonstrable experience in successful application of said methodology is paramount. The successful candidate will be expected to set the bar for implementing the methodology within Process Engineering and be champion for continuous improvement.
- Own all processes, processing equipment and associated metrology within one wafer fab cell – which cell may be dependent on the experience of the candidate.
- Own GR&R and tool SPC within the cell, setting the bar for other cells to match.
- Own KPIs associated with the cell processes and equipment, report against said KPI and progress of continuous improvement projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Own process yields and support end-to-end yield improvement through improved process integration and collaboration with other process engineers, Product Engineering, Process Integration and R&D.
- Establish continuous improvement of product and mechanical yields by process characterisation, standardisation on best practices and application of effective SPC.
- Drive process readiness for production to continually improve NPI and manufacturing efficiency and effectiveness. Support transition of new products from R&D to production.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, win the backing of management including assigned budget (time & resource) and execute on time and in budget.
- Develop, from concept through qualification to production, new and improved processes to support new products, platform, customer and internal projects. Manage process release thru qualification and CRB approval.
- Directly or indirectly through shift support, sustain the process capability and capacity as required to deliver the monthly production plan and projects, both customer and internal.
- Ensure engineering documentation and procedures conform with ISO 9001 and tier 1 customer requirements.
- Work as part of Operations team to ensure on-time and on-cost delivery of high-quality products.
- Publish technical literature and reports in relation to process innovations.
- Qualified to at least degree level with at least 10 years’ experience in semiconductor wafer processing. 15 years’ experience preferred. Compound semiconductor experience preferred.
- Experience of developing processes / process modules and interacting with other process engineering disciplines.
- Experience in III-V compound semiconductors and optoelectronics would be an advantage.
Open, pragmatic, team player. Willing to support and challenge (and to be supported and challenged). Not constrained by perceived barriers. Sets personal goals and strives to better them. Makes commitment to company goals and achieves them.