£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Company Brief –
CST Global is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
CST Global also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
CST Global are ISO 9001:2015 certified and currently employ 70 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
- Maintain and provide support for all equipment used in wafer fabrication and backend. Maintain and provide support for all facility and plant equipment
- Both preventative and reactive maintenance and repair as necessary.
- Reporting, recording and training as necessary.
- Shift/flexible working may be required, role is primarily dayshift.
- Provide support to Operations Manager and Process Engineers for facilitisation, installation and commissioning of new equipment; both manufacturing and plant.
- Liaise with, co-ordinate and support contractors on-site for all site works including servicing, repairs, modifications, installation & commissioning and construction as required.
- Own equipment OEE including driving continuous improvement.
- Produce and maintain PM schedule.
- Order, control and maintain spares.
- Control and schedule facilities subcontractors
- Provide backup/support to on-shift fab maintenance staff
- Writing relevant documentation such as maintenance and recovery procedures.
- Regular communication and feedback, interface with production manager and operations manager.
- Provide feedback to operations team on equipment performance and any foreseen problems. Report on recovery, corrective and preventative action for equipment failures.
- Provide stores and general housekeeping support, help control production stock and advise process owners when stock requires reordering.
- Organise correct location and storage of production stock.
- Raise purchase orders of production stock to prevent unnecessary production downtime due to lack of raw materials.
- Review contractor ‘Risk Assessment and Method Statement’, manage Permit to Work for contractors on-site.
- Comply with relevant HS&E regulations.
- Comply with all necessary data gathering to allow SEPA compliance
- Comply with all necessary facility PM scheduling/inspection to ensure HSE compliance
- Deliver and promote best practice and quality of workmanship.
- Qualified to at least HNC level with at least 3 years’ industrial experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
Personal Fit –
Open, pragmatic, team player. Willing to support and challenge (and to be supported and challenged). Not constrained by perceived barriers.
Reporting to –