£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
CST Global is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
CST Global also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
CST Global are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 65 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
CST Global has a very active portfolio of Research, Product and Production Development programs and projects, which are controlled by a defined phase-gate process. Currently there are in excess of 25 projects and it is expected that this number will steadily increase in the coming years.
To lead and manage all commercial NRE and development project activity within CST Global.
- To control the management of all CST Global commercial NRE and development projects to successful outcomes, within agreed timescales and budgets and in line with CST IP policy.
- To provide written and verbal reports and briefings of program and project status to senior management, internal stakeholders, customers, external partners and funding providers.
- To line manage, train and mentor a team of technical leads including PhD’s and recent graduates working on complex, high risk and highly technical activities.
- To plan workload and resource requirements to support commercial low trl NRE and development project activities
- A minimum of 5 years of project management experience in either a semiconductor manufacturing company (preferred), or an electronics company.
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical role in either a semiconductor manufacturing company (preferred), or an electronics company.
- Significant knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing technology and preferably in III-V compounds and photonic devices.
- Proven experience as a line manager in a technical environment.
- Good honours Degree in Electronic Engineering or Physics.
- Commercially astute
- Organised and methodical.
- Hard working and success driven.
- Ability to formulate persuasive arguments in support of ideas, and to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to cope with the pressures created by tight timescales.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent in the use of usual business software packages.
CEO, working closely and in cooperation with CTO and Program Manager