£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
Company Brief –
CST Global is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
CST Global also develops and manufactures custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
CST Global is ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employs 65 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and back-end assembly & test at its facility in Hamilton Technology Park, Blantyre.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced leading edge technology development team.
- We are looking for a motivated, practical technician / engineer / scientist that can take responsibility for day to day interfacing between the engineering and operations teams.
- We are looking for someone who can engage with a wide variety of people and backgrounds.
- Development within the role would include moving into the analysis of devices and developing improved test programmes to enhance CST’s knowledge of device behaviours.
- Initially setting up of experimental cells for characterisation of devices and ongoing reliability (hardware and software).
- Incoming visual inspection of materials/parts and inspections of production parts during processing and update of inventory.
- Prepare parts and associated documentation for shipping product to customer.
- Prepare and check documentation required to initiate processing of production wafers.
- Track progress of product in production-line and provide updates to relevant engineers/customers.
- Support transition to electronic wafer tracking by assisting in the creation of electronic process flows.
- Ensure quality practices are adopted and constantly adhered to in all activities.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the build and delivery of test samples between the operations and engineering teams from end of fabrication through to device testing; characterisation and reliability.
- First level data sorting and preparation for design analysis.
- Ensure integrity of test and sample data.
- Responsible for ensuring testing equipment is capable and available to engineering team in line with the project requirements.
- A background in physics / electronics / materials test and development.
- Experience in software development e.g. VBA / Labview
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area.
- Experience of a manufacturing facility would be an advantage.
Personal Fit –
Organised, open, pragmatic, team player with excellent observational/analytical skills. Has strong communication skills and able to work to tight deadlines. Willing to support and challenge the status quo (and to be supported and challenged). Wanting to develop knowledge and experience further.
Reporting to –
Andy McKee, CTO
Apply via website www.cstglobal.uk/careers
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION. 15th August 2019.