£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced leading edge technology development team.
- We are looking for a motivated, practical technician / engineer / scientist that can take responsibility for day to day interfacing between the engineering and operations teams.
- We are looking for someone who can engage with a wide variety of people and backgrounds.
- Development within the role would include moving into the analysis of devices and developing improved test programmes to enhance CST’s knowledge of device behaviours.
- Initially setting up of experimental cells for characterisation of devices and ongoing reliability (hardware and software).
- First-point contact for production troubleshooting – to analyse issues observed in production line and liaise with engineering and process engineers to develop and implement solutions.
- Highlighting of bottlenecks in device development and suggesting improvement solutions for implementation.
- Organisation of schedule and priority of capacity in line with commercial requirements.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the build and delivery of test samples between the operations and engineering teams from end of fabrication through to device testing; characterisation and reliability.
- First level data sorting and preparation for design analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring testing equipment is capable and available to engineering team in line with the project requirements.
- Ensure integrity of test and sample data.
- A background in physics / electronics / materials test and development.
- Experience in software development e.g. VBA / Labview
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area.
- Experience of a manufacturing facility would be an advantage.
Personal Fit –
Organised, open, pragmatic, team player. Willing to support and challenge the status quo (and to be supported and challenged). Wanting to develop knowledge and experience further.
Reporting to –
Andy McKee, CTO
Apply via website www.cstglobal.uk/careers
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION. 6th November 2018.