£TBC pa | Blantyre, Glasgow, G72 0BN | Permanent
CST Global is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
CST Global also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
CST Global are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 65 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton Technology Park, Blantyre
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced leading edge technology development team.
- We are looking for a motivated, practical CAD designer / technician to drive improvements and best practice in semiconductor device design and wafer layout.
- We are looking for someone to consolidate a design rule approach to CAD design.
- We are looking for someone to be responsible for developing scripts for automated semiconductor device design and wafer layout.
- Single point of contact for all CAD designs in the company.
- Develop automated scripting software to streamline basic designs.
- Work closely with the development and engineering teams to improve and develop CAD layout capabilities.
- Design, order, receive, inspect and catalogue photolithography masks used for semiconductor wafer manufacturing.
- Mechanical and/or structural CAD design to support the operations team and facilities expansion plans.
- A recognised qualification in CAD
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD, L-Edit, LayoutEditor or similar
- Coding experience, preferably in an object-oriented language, e.g. Python or C++. Experience in scripting for CAD design is desirable.
- Experience in CAD for semiconductor device design and/or wafer layout is desirable but not essential
Organised, open, pragmatic, team player with excellent observational/analytical skills. Has strong communication skills and able to work to tight deadlines. Willing to support and challenge the status quo (and to be supported and challenged). Wanting to develop knowledge and experience further.
Andy McKee, CTO